Thursday, May 8, 2008

Moving

I feel so many emotions all at once about our upcoming move. Now that it is public knowledge it feels a lot more real which heightens everything I feel. I feel excited about the new adventure, I feel ready for change, I feel nervous about meeting people, I feel anxious about finding jobs, I feel scared that we won't like it, and overall I feel like it is the right thing for us. However, even trusting it is the right thing doesn't mean that all the other emotions are eliminated.
From the moment we began seriously talking about moving it has been a lot of up and down emotions for me. Some days I cannot wait to get out of here and other days I feel sad to be leaving wonderful people and a good job. I guess the biggest thing that makes me nervous is that neither Jim nor I have found jobs yet. To be honest that has been discouraging for me - I have applied to a lot of teaching jobs and have not gotten any calls or interviews. I know I am a good teacher and not getting interviews makes me feel like maybe I am not. In this area I am trying my hardest to stay positive.
Lately, my prayer has been for Jim to find a job that pays enough so that I don't have to work. Then I could tutor or do something small on the side until the kids are in school and then I can go back to teaching. We don't know what is in store for us, but we know that it is an adventure that we are excited to embark on come August.

2 comments:

The Webbers said...

oh Robin...I'm so excited to see what God does through all this:)

Lewis Cash said...

Trying to get teaching jobs is the most frustrating thing in the world... and it usually has nothing to do with how good of a teacher you are. So, just keep reminding yourself that you are good teacher! Don't let the dredge of the application process get you down. Keep plugging away. I am thinking and praying for you guys!

By the way, where are you moving to?