Monday, April 28, 2008

Crafty

I've decided to try and be more crafty these days. I'm currently making some gifts and it has been a lot of fun. I've noticed that I am so much more excited to give these homemade gifts than to give things I buy. Even though most of the things I make are far from perfect I still love them. Today I made 6 cards for upcoming birthdays and mothers day along with two mothers day gifts. Tomorrow I plan to sew 3 upcoming birthday gifts - should be exciting. I've realized that even though I am not the most creative and artistic person around I still should try. When I put forth the effort to make these gifts I feel better and the process of making them helps me to relax and take my mind off the crazy day. Not to mention the huge benefit of saving money!!!! Thanks to the people who inspire me to find my creative side and encourage me to try even if I'll never be as good as them :-)

2 comments:

The Webbers said...

When the heck do you find time to do these things? You are amazing!

Lewis Cash said...

That is awesome, glad you are doing that.

You should check out our blog community friend Kelli's blog for craft tips... she is amazing.

http://africankelli.com/