Saturday, February 21, 2009

Convergence 1

I am spending this weekend at a retreat/conference type thing for women. This is the kind of thing I usually resist being a part of as it means putting myself out there for others - I love to listen and be a part of things in that regard, but sharing myself is another story. Yet, I was pushed to attend this weekend. Part of the reason I wanted to go is that a couple other ladies from my community were going and I wanted to spend more time with them. In the end the others that I knew did not end up coming and I was left attending with 4 people I don't know and just met. A part of me really wanted to back out - it was too much putting myself out there and I'm just not that bold. Luckily, I have an incredible husband who encouraged me to still come and I am here. If nothing else, that alone is a big step for me. I have been able to hear the stories of other ladies and be encouraged by their lives.
This morning we sang a song that I really enjoyed the lyrics to and wanted to share them on here for anyone who reads this to think about:

This broken heart of mine has been mended a thousand times
This broken heart of mine has been mended a trillion times
Something like hope is coming
Something like peace is coming
Something like joy is coming

Can I let it? Can I let it? Can I let it?

I am clean
I am new
I am changing
I am changing

Can I let it? Can I let it? Can I let it?

No comments: