Thursday, June 18, 2009

Parenting

We've had a few rough nights lately as Amalea transitions to a toddler bed. Initially she did great, but about a week in she started getting up and not wanting to go to sleep. Today this is what I thought...I don't know how single parents do it. Or...I don't know how parents do it when all the responsibility of child rearing falls on one partner.
I would be a mess without Jim. I have learned so much from Jim about patience and loving guidance and truly feel pretty often that he is a "better" parent than I am. I know I have so much to learn about parenting and raising a toddler, but I am so thankful I have someone to learn with. I have someone who wants to help and wants to be involved and wants to give me rest when I need it. I would be so lost without Jim and I am so thankful that though the last few nights have been rough we've been able to do it together...as a team.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

The trail was awesome, just not what I was expecting! It was tough! I hope all of the moving is going well! I can't wait to see pictures.