Monday, November 12, 2007

Fear and Peace

I felt a lot of fear today as the doctors wheeled my 6 week old daughter away to have surgery. And yet I felt a lot of peace at the same time. I thought I would be a lot more afraid, but honestly I felt so much peace. It amazes me that God can bring peace in a time when I feel so much fear - I was afraid for the anesthetics, I was afraid the surgeon would find something he didn't expect, I was afraid the surgery wouldn't work, I was afraid because my daughter was gone for nearly 2 hours and I had no control over what was happening to her. Then I started to think about the future - she is going to grow up and become independent and I am going to have many times where I am fearful and yet I know I will continue to pray for peace because God gives it. My future will be different now that I have a child in it, but one thing that will not change is my continuous cries to God for protection and ultimately peace as I trust him to take away my fears.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Hi Robin,

I hope everything went ok with Amalea. I will keep you guys in my prayers. It was nice talking with you at Steph's a few weeks ago. I totally see what you mean when it comes to trusting God with your precious baby. At times when it seems like things are spiraling out of control, the peace He gives us is so huge and comforting.Ihope everything continues to go well.

Talk soon,
Courtney Munger