Monday, July 28, 2008

The process

The process of renting a home from a distance is incredibly challenging. As we attempt to find a place to call home in Portland while living in Southern California we keep running in to some pretty large walls. We found a place we really liked and applied via fax and mail, but we were not picked. As I called places today a number of them keep telling me that they will not rent to us unless we, or someone we know, walks through the property. Well, we don't know anyone in the area that can run around town walking through houses for us so we are a bit stuck.
I guess I didn't think the whole process would be this challenging. I know we could make just about any place work, but if we aren't even allowed to apply it makes it hard.
We leave in two weeks and it would be really nice to have a place to live when we got to Portland. I am trying to remain hopeful, but honestly it's discouraging at this point.

No comments: