Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Leaving


On our last Sunday before our move (we left Tuesday) Lindsay and Andy (pictured above) threw us the most incredible going away party. So many people showed up to say goodbye to us and they put together a unique, fun, personal, meaningful party for us. I felt so honored by the people who came to wish us well (including one friend about to go into labor at any moment). I don't know how we would have ever been able to say goodbye to everyone if this day hadn't happened. So, family and friends - thank you for coming. I don't know how to say thank you to these two amazing friends for all of their hard work because thank you just feels so insignificant - I am truly grateful for the love and friendship they both showed me and am honored to be friends with them.

We are now getting pretty settled into our new place. I haven't had a chance to upload pictures yet, but will post some soon. It still doesn't feel totally real to me that this is our home and this is the town we live in. We are learning our way around which has been fun and confusing. We had dinner tonight with the couple that lives next door and I have gotten to know a few people at my work that I could definitely see myself being friends with. It definitely helps to have friendly neighbors who invite us over - they are really great. At times I do feel sad about having left behind such wonderful friends, but thankfully many have already purchased tickets to come visit (if you haven't yet, you need to!).

Leaving comes with very mixed emotions. Saying goodbye to certain friends was emotional and it was hard to let go, but I remain confident that distance cannot break up friendships. I trust that this is the place where God has brought us and I am excited to see where the adventure takes us.

No comments: