Monday, September 8, 2008

First year

I feel like a first year teacher again. All of a sudden I am not teaching the curriculum I got so comfortable with. I have no idea where to take these students or even what to start with. I'm reading short stories like mad to find the best ones and then I have to create lessons. Sheesh. It really is overwhelming.
I am really liking middle school though and think it was a great decision to make the move from high school. It's a lot of work and I feel like I have so much to learn and so much to do. I am trying to stay sane and find time with my husband and daughter whenever I can...but it's hard. I have to learn the routines of a new school, try to meet people, create lessons for a whole new curriculum, learn the systems of a new state, and try to make it so my students actually like coming to class. I'm overwhelmed just writing about it!!

4 comments:

Mariko Marie said...

Take confidence in knowing that you are an AWESOME teacher! It will just take some time learning new things, but it doesn't change the fact that you are good at what you do and you love doing it too. =)

Unknown said...

Just remember - you still rock my world and are an awesome teacher :)

Jaci Bounds said...

I agree with everything Jamie and Mariko said...

Although I've never seen you teach...I know your heart and because I know your heart I know how incredible and dynamic you are. God brought you to this school on purpose, you didn't end up there by chance! I know you know that too!

God, Thank you for Robin and the friendship we have even thousands of miles away! Give her confidence and peace! Help her make great lesson plans in great time! Give her precious moments with Jim and Ami! Show her your love, grace, and joy in incredible ways! AMEN!

African Kelli said...

I am rooting for you! Good luck!